In 2016 Ansa founder and director Paul Lynch established a permaculture design service and a small permaculture research & development site near Ballingeary in the Muskerry Gaeltacht near his hometown of Macroom in county Cork.
Here permaculture design ideas and methods are put into practice including:
- No-dig vegetable growing
- Rainwater harvesting
- Stream water abstraction and filtration
- Drone mapping
- Fruit tree grafting for nursery establishment
- Grafting to mature trees
- Plant propagation from cuttings
- Seed saving
- Hot compost
- Solar PV & vertical axis micro wind generation
- Pig & chicken tractor systems
- Natural Building
- Forest garden guilds
- Sheet mulching
Since then the R&D site has grown and the design business has catered for a growing diverse list of clients.
In 2019 the design service was named “Ansa Permaculture Design” and this website was launched.